Lonesome Dove Vacation Rentals
1405, 1445, 1517 Lonesome Dr., Canyon Lake, TX 78133 List Price: $795,000
4 Properties offer the highest standards in vacation rentals.
Attention to detail sets Lonesome Dove apart. Furnished with vintage furnishings including beautifully stained-glass accents, antique furniture and wooden bead-board walls, Lonesome Dove gives discerning travelers a taste of the past while offering all the modern conveniences. The 3+ acres also includes the “Wash Room” where guests will find a washer and dryer. The Office is located on the backside of the Wash Room, offering storage for linen, decorations, and quiet place to take care of business. A vintage trailer with outdoor shower and half bath is located behind LePetite with a lazy view of Sorrel Creek.
Monticello is the queen bee and largest of the three rental cottages. It features a queen and double bed, and Jack & Jill bath at 885 square feet. This air conditioned property offers a fully equipped kitchen, mini fridge, washer, dryer and ample lounging space with a quiet, private back deck.
The Cielo comes in second and sleeps 4 with a private bedroom, loft and daybed. At 636 square feet, it features a full bath, kitchen, relaxed living area, washer & dryer and large oak shaded back deck.
The cottage built for two! At 320 square feet, Le Petit’s name says it all. Featuring a queen bed, 3/4 bath and a 1950’s Diner style “Coca Cola” kitchenette, the cozy seating area and quiet side yard complete this little gem.
This is the perfect place to prepare and serve breakfast, tapas, or refreshing beverages. 1311 square feet features a country kitchen with a large table that seats 10. The formal dining room, cozy sitting area and fireplace allow guests to enjoy the welcoming atmosphere or a place to unwind after a full day. Master bedroom, full bath, 1/2 bath and extra large pantry with washer & dryer hookups complete the interior. A huge wrap around deck with outdoor kitchen allows plenty of space for entertaining and outdoor seating. This property is currently not being rented.
Locations around the property allow for BBQ’s, Volleyball, horseshoes, a fire pit or just quiet spots to sit and take in the wildlife around Sorrel Creek.
This portfolio of properties is centrally located between Austin and San Antonio. New Braunfels is a 30 minute drive with Austin and San Antonio just over an hour. A drive of less than 4 miles brings you to 3 of the 23 boat ramps on the lake, a short 2 minutes to Brookshire Brothers Grocery, 25 minutes to Gruene and 30 minutes to New Braunfels. Tube the Guadalupe, cruise the lake, go fishing, hit the breweries, wineries, farmer’s markets and antique shops. . Just 7 miles to Whitewater Amphitheater where you can catch ZZ Top and Sheryl Crow in June and Willie Nelson in September this year. Close to everything the Texas Hill Country offers, yet very private.
Lonesome Dove History
It’s obvious that potential abounds here. The dream began in 1998 when Ms. LizAnn purchased the land for Lonesome Dove and like most dreams that start from scratch, came together to be what you see today. And, like any dream, there is always more that can be done! Cielo and LePetit were the first, built in 1999. Her home was next in 2003. All along she was hunting and collecting the antiques, stained glass, doors, all the special items that brought the charm and character reflected in Lonesome Dove. This was a work of the heart! Monticello was added in 2009. The current owner has chosen to limit rentals to what she could handle on her own for the last few years. Ms. LizAnn employs a property management company to book the rentals but takes care of the cleaning and maintenance on her own. Now it’s time for her to move on to the next phase of life. Currently she is not offering any food items or vacation packages.
Your imagination can run wild with possibilities as this property has infinite features and unlimited opportunities for creating increased cash flow.
- Create additional rental properties, i.e. vintage trailers, cottages
- Create a wedding destination with gazebo and seating
- Create an “event hall” for receptions, reunions, corporate events, venues
- Offer additional services i.e. tours, transportation to shopping, wineries, rivers, and then of course there’s Canyon Lake, the gem of the Hill Country right in your back yard.
- Offer breakfast, afternoon tea, tapas
- Offer contract services; babysitting, catering, rental items
- The hospitality industry currently generates over $700 million in annual revenues and employs more than 7,700 people in Comal County
- Canyon Lake is a destination for “Winter Texans” anxious to get away from the Northern cold. Many come back year after year, others fall in love and buy a home so they don’t have to leave!
- Active Chamber and Hospitality and Visitors Association (HAVA)
Population & Median Income (2017)
- Total population of Comal County: 129,100 (3.92% growth)
- Median Age: 42.2
- Population of Canyon Lake: 21,262
- Number of Occupied Homes in Canyon Lake: 3,935
- Median Household Income: $73,655 (5.73% increase)